HOW DID YOU ACHIEVE THE AMERICAN DREAM?
DANA KING:
I haven't accomplish the so call American dream. What is the American dream? Man & wife two kids, two cars and house with a picket fence. Not to many people have the American Dream. That whats wrong with our society now if you don't have the so call "dream" something wrong with. We all as individual have different goals, different accomplishments and a different dream. I would ask "What is the American dream"
CONNECTION TO MY MOTHERS INTERVIEW
A Woman Speaks
Moon marked and touched by sun
my magic is unwritten
but when the sea turns back
it will leave my shape behind.
I seek no favor
untouched by blood
unrelenting as the curse of love
permanent as my errors
or my pride
I do not mix
love with pity
nor hate with scorn
and if you would know me
look into the entrails of Uranus
where the restless oceans pound.
I do not dwell within my
birth nor my divinities
who am ageless and half-grown
and still seeking
my sisters
witches in Dahomey
wear me inside their coiled cloths
as our mother did
mourning.
I have been woman
for a long time
beware my smile
I am treacherous with old magic
and the noon's new fury
with all your wide futures
promised
I am
woman
and not white.
Laura Ferguson:
I really dont know what the american dream is however I have achieved my goals that I have set for myself by graduating school and doing the my job that i love and by starting my own business. Also by believing in god, and letting him guide my way. As my favorite bible versus goes " I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengths me"Philippians 4:13. My dream is to reach heaven and have everlasting life. I know that god has help me achieve all of these things in life. I have a wonderful husband,beautiful home,children and grand children too that make life enjoyable.
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
INTERVIEWS
Posted by dtaylor at 5:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Danielle, i know im not on your team but i read your interview from your mom and i think this poem reflects what she said..
A Woman Speaks
Moon marked and touched by sun
my magic is unwritten
but when the sea turns back
it will leave my shape behind.
I seek no favor
untouched by blood
unrelenting as the curse of love
permanent as my errors
or my pride
I do not mix
love with pity
nor hate with scorn
and if you would know me
look into the entrails of Uranus
where the restless oceans pound.
I do not dwell within my
birth nor my divinities
who am ageless and half-grown
and still seeking
my sisters
witches in Dahomey
wear me inside their coiled cloths
as our mother did
mourning.
I have been woman
for a long time
beware my smile
I am treacherous with old magic
and the noon's new fury
with all your wide futures
promised
I am
woman
and not white.
if you find one from a white womens prospective please comment back, ily.
Danielle-
Can you proofread this entry for spelling, subject-verb agreement please?
Also, you may go back and ask clarifying questions to help the person respond - for example the words american dream do suggest an ideal world - but to take a positive spin on things - I guess it would be opportunity to reflect on successes - just a thought.
Thanks.
Ms. Mic
Danielle, I believe that the people you interviewed had great responses just wish that you were able to record it therefore we could feel the emotions of each person and what they believe.
Post a Comment